On Fri, 2010-04-16 at 13:00 +0100, Simon Riggs wrote:
> Almost done
Here's the finished patch.
Internal changes only, no functional or user visible changes, so no
docs, just detailed explanatory comments.
* performance no longer depends upon max_connections
* recovery will be about same or slightly faster
* snapshots should be about equivalent primary/standby
Main changes are
* lock free add to sorted array (equivalent to GetNewTransactionId)
* bsearch for xid removal at commit/abort/TransactionIdIsInProgress
* faster, more compact approach to snapshots, with self-trimming
* some minor API changes to facilitate above
* new code to ignore deletion failures only when !consistent
Could you retest please?
Simon Riggs www.2ndQuadrant.com
In response to
pgsql-hackers by date
|Next:||From: Robert Haas||Date: 2010-04-16 21:56:04|
|Subject: Re: shared_buffers documentation|
|Previous:||From: Tom Lane||Date: 2010-04-16 15:10:45|
|Subject: Re: testing HS/SR - 1 vs 2 performance |