Re: Getting to beta1

From: Csaba Nagy <ncslists(at)googlemail(dot)com>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Getting to beta1
Date: 2010-03-19 08:59:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi all,

On Thu, 2010-03-18 at 10:18 -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Or, let's put it another way: I've made my opinion clear in the past
> that I think that we ought to ship with a minimal postgresql.conf with
> maybe 15 items in it. If we are going to continue to ship with
> postgresql.conf "kitchen sick" version, however, it should include
> vacuum_defer_cleanup_age.

But considering that these are samples anyway, what is preventing to
ship 2 versions, one labeled "minimal" and one labeled "full" ?

The minimal one should only contain absolutely must-change items, and
the full version should contain all. As simple as that. I don't think
there's any value in anything in the middle...

Cheers,
Csaba.