Re: cheap/free video conferencing?

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, ๏̯͡๏ Guido Barosio <gbarosio(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: cheap/free video conferencing?
Date: 2010-03-04 18:48:03
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
On Thu, 2010-03-04 at 10:33 -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:
> On 3/4/10 9:27 AM, Joe Conway wrote:
> > I'm not sure any of the mentioned solutions really meets your
> > requirements, but as long as you are looking at webex and gotomeeting,
> > it is worth looking at dimdim. The service is less expensive than the
> > other two, and there is an open source version you can download and run
> > for yourself. They are also working on fully functional Linux support,
> > although it isn't out yet.
>
> Oh, ooops.
>
> When I said "video conferencing" I didn't mean "desktop sharing".  I
> meant video as in video *camera*, and voice.

Webex, Gotomeeting all do that as does:

http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobatconnectpro/

If you want to use a camera that is not a webcam, you can. Your OS just
needs to understand how. Linux and Windows both do.

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor
Respect is earned, not gained through arbitrary and repetitive use or Mr. or Sir.