Re: Anyone know if Alvaro is OK?

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Anyone know if Alvaro is OK?
Date: 2010-02-28 03:45:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi.  We're out of town right now, and it seems I can't get to my home
machine (probably just a loose cable).  Our building was shaken badly
enough that we'll have a lot of work to do to make it usable again.

Our earthquake was 8.3 or 8.8 depending on who you ask, and whatever
it really was, it was strong enough to tear down a bunch of
buildings.  Not on my zone though, fortunately for us.  I have
several friends on the worst area though :-(

(I have to note that buildings here are built to resist this kind of
thing, so the fact that some went down means that it was really
strong)

Re: the more frequent earthquakes, yeah I was thinking the same
today.  An actual scientific study would be more useful than idle
speculation though ...