Re: Vacuuming

From: Mladen Gogala <mladen(dot)gogala(at)vmsinfo(dot)com>
To: Frank Bax <fbax(at)sympatico(dot)ca>
Cc: PostgreSQL List - Novice <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Vacuuming
Date: 2010-02-13 19:40:56
Lists: pgsql-novice
In  postgresql.conf parameter file, there should be the following
section:

# AUTOVACUUM PARAMETERS

autovacuum = on           # Enable autovacuum subprocess?  'on'
                                        # requires track_counts to also
be on.
log_autovacuum_min_duration = 10000       # -1 disables, 0 logs all
actions and
                                        # their durations, > 0 logs only
                                        # actions running at least this
number
                                        # of milliseconds.
autovacuum_max_workers = 5             # max number of autovacuum
subprocesses
#autovacuum_naptime = 1min              # time between autovacuum runs
#autovacuum_vacuum_threshold = 50       # min number of row updates
before
                                        # vacuum
#autovacuum_analyze_threshold = 50      # min number of row updates
before
                                        # analyze

--
Mladen Gogala