Re: Vacuuming

From: Mladen Gogala <mladen(dot)gogala(at)vmsinfo(dot)com>
To: Frank Bax <fbax(at)sympatico(dot)ca>
Cc: PostgreSQL List - Novice <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Vacuuming
Date: 2010-02-13 19:40:56
Lists: pgsql-novice

In postgresql.conf parameter file, there should be the following
section:

# AUTOVACUUM PARAMETERS

autovacuum = on # Enable autovacuum subprocess? 'on'
# requires track_counts to also
be on.
log_autovacuum_min_duration = 10000 # -1 disables, 0 logs all
actions and
# their durations, > 0 logs only
# actions running at least this
number
# of milliseconds.
autovacuum_max_workers = 5 # max number of autovacuum
subprocesses
#autovacuum_naptime = 1min # time between autovacuum runs
#autovacuum_vacuum_threshold = 50 # min number of row updates
before
# vacuum
#autovacuum_analyze_threshold = 50 # min number of row updates
before
# analyze

--
Mladen Gogala