Re: Hot Standby: Relation-specific deferred conflict resolution

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Hot Standby: Relation-specific deferred conflict resolution
Date: 2010-01-29 16:32:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 2010-01-29 at 12:56 +0000, Simon Riggs wrote:

> I think we should extend the time available to make sure we have a
> sensible set of features for 9.0. The heat of this discussion tells me
> that we are going to be lacking features that are must-have to someone,
> whether or not they are in the majority.

Missing release dates because of some patch that isn't done is something
the community has been trying to get away from, aggressively. The way
this is supposed to work is:

We have a release date
  Features that aren't going to make that date, don't.
We release

Joshua D. Drake

-- Major Contributor
Command Prompt, Inc: - 503.667.4564
Respect is earned, not gained through arbitrary and repetitive use or Mr. or Sir.