Re: Hot Standby: Relation-specific deferred conflict resolution

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>
Cc: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Hot Standby: Relation-specific deferred conflict resolution
Date: 2010-01-29 10:19:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, 2010-01-29 at 11:12 +0100, Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:

> > There are many features we should add. I will add them in priority order
> > until forced to stop.
>
> we are past the point of adding new features for 9.0 imho

So presumably we cannot add the new feature to start hot standby at
shutdown checkpoints then either?

> > If you or anyone else believes features are essential, then either add
> > them yourselves or have the courage to stand up and say the release
> > should be delayed so that I can. To do otherwise is to admit you do not
> > actually consider them essential. It cannot be both ways.
>
> bugfix and stabilization mode is what we are in now (except for the
> stuff that already made it into the commitfest).

That's where we'd like to be, but these new features have not been in
the tree long enough for what you say to be the actual position. We can
pretend it is, but that doesn't make it so.

--
Simon Riggs www.2ndQuadrant.com