Re: Wanted: new project slogan

From: Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Wanted: new project slogan
Date: 2010-01-27 03:53:45
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Mon, 2010-01-25 at 11:30 -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:
> There's several problems with our current slogan:
>
> "The Most Advanced Open Source Database"

<snip>

Heh, *I think* none of the suggestions are better than current one.

Even though I agree with your concerns regarding the current one and I
also believe that we need to change it (or add more slogans), IMO we
need something that suits our product, not our t-shirts or flyers.

(... FWIW, I have always found MySQL's slogan stupid. Popularity does
not mean that they doing the Right Thing.)
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ, RHCE
Command Prompt - http://www.CommandPrompt.com