Re: Wanted: new project slogan

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Joshua Kramer <josh(at)globalherald(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Wanted: new project slogan
Date: 2010-01-26 17:07:06
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
On Tue, 2010-01-26 at 13:34 -0500, Joshua Kramer wrote:
> > Open Source Power and Reliability
>
> Here's a novel idea.  Can we create a slogan (and other marketing
> collateral) without the use of the term "Open Source"?  This may give
> Postgres a 'foot in the door' to those entities who are irrationally
> afraid of Open Source software... I am aiming directly at the vast
> majority of SQL-Server workloads for which SQL-Server's advanced features
> (reporting, DotNet integration, etc) are not needed.  For example:

Not a bad idea but... uh -- We have DotNet capabilties, reporting
capabilities etc...

> Postgres: Security, Power, and High Performance

I think removing Open Source from our slogan is a mistake. It is one of
the things that makes us who we are.

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor
Respect is earned, not gained through arbitrary and repetitive use or Mr. or Sir.