Re: FW: Couple of minor tweaks

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: FW: Couple of minor tweaks
Date: 2004-12-22 19:31:40
Lists: pgsql-www

>> It was decided not to include this since plperl is included with the main
>> distribution.

> Is there a list of what comes with the main distribution? That would
> probably resolve the issue.

I agree, it would be a good idea if the download page mentioned what
comes with the main distribution. Looking at the page, you might think
there was not any plPerl available :-(

If we handle it that way, then in the Application Programming Interfaces
section we should say "The core distribution includes a C library (libpq)
and an embedded C environment (ecpg)" (not sure that's the best way to
describe ecpg). The Server-side Procedural Languages list should mention
that plpgsql, pltcl, plperl, and plpython come with the core.

Also it seems like there are several more gborg/pgfoundry projects that
belong in these lists --- certainly at least libpqxx for C++.