Re: MySQL-ism help patch for psql

From: Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com>
To: David Christensen <david(at)endpoint(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Subject: Re: MySQL-ism help patch for psql
Date: 2010-01-19 19:25:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2010-01-19 at 12:44 -0600, David Christensen wrote:
> Hey  -hackers,
>
> I whipped up a quick patch for supporting some of the common mysql-
> based "meta" commands; this is different than some things which have
> been discussed in the past, in that it provides just a quick direction
> to the appropriate psql command, not an actual alternative syntax for
> the same action.  This is not intended to be comprehensive, but just
> to provide proper direction

I like that idea. There may be a lot of MySQL people that want to use
the next postgresql release, and this would make it easier.

Please add the patch to the next commitfest:

https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/commitfest_view?id=6

It's small enough that, if others like it as well, maybe it (or
something similar) could still make it in this release.

Regards,
	Jeff Davis