We've been chewing around query cancel on Hot Standby and I think things
have got fairly confusing, hence a new thread.
I enclose a patch that includes all the things that we all agree on so
far, in my understanding
* Recovery conflict processing uses SIGUSR1 rather than shmem per Tom,
while holding ProcArrayLock per Andres
* CONFLICT_MODE_ERROR throws ERROR when in a transaction, not idle and
not in subtransaction, otherwise becomes CONFLICT_MODE_FATAL per Tom and
* Recovery abort message has additional detail, per Heikki
It doesn't include anything still under discussion, though is intended
as a base upon which further patches can progress independently.
* Infrastructure for supercancel, by Joachim Wieland
* Any of the many further ideas by Andres Freund
Please review this so we can move onto taking other issues one by one.
This is also a base for other HS work I need to complete.
I am still testing patch, so should be confident to commit tomorrow
Simon Riggs www.2ndQuadrant.com
pgsql-hackers by date
|Next:||From: Tom Lane||Date: 2010-01-13 18:34:41|
|Subject: Re: [PATCH] remove redundant ownership checks |
|Previous:||From: Tom Lane||Date: 2010-01-13 18:21:21|
|Subject: Re: pg_dump sort order for functions |