DDL commands take forever

From: "Leonardo M(dot)" Ramé <l(dot)rame(at)griensu(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: DDL commands take forever
Date: 2009-12-29 15:58:30
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi, I need to create a trigger on a table used by our sofware, the
problem is, when I issue a "create trigger...." on this table, it takes
forever. It doesn't matter if I use pgAdmin, or psql.

The only way to do it is by disconnecting all the instances of the
program from the database, execute the DDL command, and reconnect the
program again.

What can be causing this behavior? any workaround?.

--
Leonardo M. Ramé
Griensu S.A. - Medical IT Córdoba