PostgreSQL Live CD for 8.4.2 released

From: Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>
To: pgsql-announce <pgsql-announce(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PostgreSQL Live CD for 8.4.2 released
Date: 2009-12-21 08:52:48
Lists: pgsql-announce

I released second version of my PostgreSQL 8.4 live CD, which is based
on Fedora 12. It includes the PostgreSQL related packages that I build
on http://yum.pgsqlrpms.org , along with PostgreSQL 8.4.2.

Details are here:

http://yum.pgsqlrpms.org/livecd.php
http://www.pglivecd.org

You can add an encrypted home directory while burning iso to USB stick,
which helps you to keep your personal data in your USB stick.

This live CD has nearly bleeding edge of many software, like pgAdmin
III, Apache, PHP, GNOME, Pidgin, Firefox etc.

Kickstart file is configurable, so you can also create your own
PostgreSQL Live CD's fairly easily, if you have a Fedora-12 or Fedora 11
machine around.

Please let me know if you have any questions regarding this live CD.

Sincerely,
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ, RHCE
Command Prompt - http://www.CommandPrompt.com