Re: pgAdmin3 icon

From: Jean-Michel Pouré <jmpoure(at)free(dot)fr>
To: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgAdmin3 icon
Date: 2009-12-14 15:21:49
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Dear Dave, Guillaume and all,

Here is a screenshot of the committed logos:
http://www.poure.com/images/capture.png

Sorry if I did not follow the discussions lately, but the outline logo
does not look like anything usable. Frankly, I cannot stand this logo.
It makes me shiver!

IMHO, we should stick to the SVG original version of the logo and commit
ICO, PNG and SVG versions of the logo.

The was a lot of work from the author of the original logo, we should
preserve this work as far as possible, just adding a shadow.

Here are my versions:
http://www.poure.com/images/pgadmin3.svg

Can we commit my SVG version and use Guillaume's PNGs which scaled down
nicely? Dave what is your opinion? Do you believe that your simplified
logo suits better pgAdmin?

Kind regards,
Jean-Michel