Re: Bug in regression tests

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: terr(at)ns(dot)terralogic(dot)net
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: Bug in regression tests
Date: 2000-08-28 14:20:59
Lists: pgsql-patches
<terr(at)ns(dot)terralogic(dot)net> writes:
> The -L parameter needs to be added to the regress.sh script on the
> createlang command.  The script can not be run without this modification.

This is fixed another way in current sources (createlang now has a
wired-in default if neither PGLIB env var nor -L is provided).

> It appears to me the script was not tested before the distro was shipped.

Oh, I assure you regress.sh is tested.  Constantly.  But most of the
people who work with Postgres have an old habit of keeping PGDATA and
PGLIB set in their environments ... I think you may be the first person
to point out that the regression test failed without PGLIB being set.