Re: Submitting bugs?

From: Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com>
To: Webb Sprague <webb(dot)sprague(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Postgresql PDX_Users <pdxpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Submitting bugs?
Date: 2009-11-12 18:16:54
Lists: pdxpug
On Wed, 2009-11-11 at 23:12 -0800, Webb Sprague wrote:
> I am get the occasional seg fault running 8.4.1 and Postgis (recent)
> on Mac OS X -- I am not sure if I can reproduce them, but they might
> be of interest to the project.  Does anybody have any advice on filing
> bug reports, ?

That sounds like an important bug.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/bug-reporting.html

The most important thing is giving enough information so that a
developer can see the problem for themselves.

Also, do what you can to figure out if it is a postgis bug or a
postgresql bug. If it happens in postgresql without postgis, it's
obviously a postgresql bug. If the bug is hard to reproduce, you may
need to post bug reports to both projects.

Regards,
	Jeff Davis