Re: Postgesql and SSL

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: thomas(dot)pundt(at)rp-online(dot)de
Cc: Lukas(at)fmf(dot)vtu(dot)lt, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgesql and SSL
Date: 2009-03-01 16:54:51
Lists: pgsql-admin
Thomas Pundt <mlists(at)rp-online(dot)de> writes:
> Lukas schrieb:
>>> I am trying to run PostgreSQL with SSL, so I compiled and
>>> linked with
>>> ./configure --prefix=/DB --with-openssl

> well, probably; in a situation like this I'd first check for any errors
> from the configure step.

Yeah.  I would say this is pilot error somewhere along the line: either
the configure/build process failed, or you forgot to "make install"
afterwards, or the copy of the postmaster you're trying to start isn't
the one you built.  Given the nonstandard install location specified
above, the last one seems particularly likely.