Re: Hot Standby on git

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Hot Standby on git
Date: 2009-09-26 14:04:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sat, 2009-09-26 at 09:29 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> > I estimate that making the remaining changes noted on the Wiki and
> fully
> > testing them will take at least 2 weeks. Gabriele Bartolini is assisting
> > in this area, though neither of us are able to work full time on this.
> > We still have ample time to complete the project in this release.
>
> Sounds like you are making rapid progress.

Only because Heikki has put so much effort into review and because most
of the remaining issues are coding related, rather than theoretical.

We moving along and are in no way threatened by time.

> If you think there's
> something useful I could do, let me know and I'll take a look.

I feel like I need a better way of unit testing new code. Some of the
code in the patch is to handle corner cases, so recreating them is
fairly hard. It is a nagging feeling that I am missing some knowledge
here and would welcome some insight, or research, into better ways of
doing general case unit testing.

--
Simon Riggs www.2ndQuadrant.com