Re: JDBC 4 support

From: Steve Ebersole <steve(at)hibernate(dot)org>
To: Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: JDBC 4 support
Date: 2009-09-25 15:56:38
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Internally Hibernate needs very little.

I'd like to take advantage of Connection#createBlob,
Connection#createClob and Connection#createNClob (we do not really offer
built in support for the new SQLXML type, so we wont be binding to
Connection#createSQLXML(), etc, though of course users might want to as
an extension).

I'd like to be able to leverage the new exception hierarchy.

For everything else, its really just a curiosity about what the user can
reasonably expect in terms of portability.