Edit grid bug: selecting multiple rows by row number

From: "Dan Halbert" <halbert(at)halwitz(dot)org>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Edit grid bug: selecting multiple rows by row number
Date: 2009-09-17 15:07:59
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi - this seems to be a row selection bug. I see it on both pgadmin 1.8.4 and 1.10.0, on both Linux and Windows:

1. Bring up a table in the edit grid.
2. Select a low-numbered row by clicking in the row number column on the extreme left. E.g, click "3".
3. Shift-Select a higher-numbered row in the same way to get a select range: e.g., shift-click "5".

Instead of rows 3-5 being selected, rows 1-5 will be selected. (On Linux, they will be grayed.)

Selecting the other way, e.g. select 5, then shift-select 3, gives an even weirder effect, rows 1-3 and 5 are selected.

Originally I was doing this to delete all but the first row in a big table. I selected "2", scrolled to the bottom, shift-selected the last row, and then was mystified when all the rows were deleted.

The workaround for nowis to select the second row in the first data column, not in the row number, and then to select the lower-right cell in the last row you wnant. On Linux this colors all the selected rows, instead of graying them.

Dan