Re: [patch] wxWidget versus SUN CC macro clash

From: Zdenek Kotala <Zdenek(dot)Kotala(at)Sun(dot)COM>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: "pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [patch] wxWidget versus SUN CC macro clash
Date: 2009-09-09 15:19:57
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Final patch is attached. It modifies only stack.hh. I think problem is
only with SunStudio now. I close it into ifdef. The path undefine _T
macro at the beginning and define it back at the end.

Please, write some comments which explain it.

Zdenek

Dave Page píše v st 09. 09. 2009 v 09:13 +0100:
> Hi
>
> On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 10:47 PM, Zdenek Kotala<Zdenek(dot)Kotala(at)sun(dot)com> wrote:
> > As was discussed on different thread new version of Sun Studio C++
> > compiler contains _T (probably template) which clashes with _T macro in
> > wxWidgets. It will be fixed in wxWidgets 3.0.
>
> I assume you're relying on having a build of wxWidgets from the older compiler?
>
> > I attached concept of fix which solve this problem now. This is first
> > workable solution, but I'm not yet happy with them. I guest that with
> > some pgScript include refactoring we can eliminate problem much closer.
>
> Yeah, I hope so, as most of the files your patch touched are generated by bison.
>
> > does exist something like doxygen.pgadmin.org?
>
> No, I'm afraid not. Would be happy to see it though, if anyone wants
> to work on it.

Attachment Content-Type Size
sunstudio.patch text/x-patch 900 bytes