Re: Antw: Re: Postgresql 7.4 fails to compile on Redhat Fedora Core 1 Linux

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Marcel Gsteiger" <Marcel(dot)Gsteiger(at)milprog(dot)ch>
Cc: peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net, pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Antw: Re: Postgresql 7.4 fails to compile on Redhat Fedora Core 1 Linux
Date: 2003-12-15 14:40:00
Lists: pgsql-ports
"Marcel Gsteiger" <Marcel(dot)Gsteiger(at)milprog(dot)ch> writes:
> I have deleted my source tree, untarred it again from the bzipped
> source and could compile it last night more than 100 times without any
> serious errors.

Fascinating.  It's good that the problem doesn't just appear and
disappear at random, but that still leaves us with not much to go on.

The only theory I can concoct is that you made some misstep in the
initial build attempt that caused the problem (but how?), and when you
did "make distclean" the problem was fixed.  Can you recall any false
starts or configure changes that you made during the first attempt?

I'd be willing to write this off as an irreproducible glitch, were it
not that someone else reported the apparently-identical problem.

			regards, tom lane

pgsql-ports by date

Next:From: Marcel GsteigerDate: 2003-12-15 16:16:05