Re: Hot Standby, conflict cache

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Hot Standby, conflict cache
Date: 2009-08-31 19:00:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 2009-08-31 at 15:50 +0300, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:

> The conflict cache code is broken

I've already removed that code from the version I'm working on as
mentioned on another thread, for the same reasons you just mentioned. I
think that the conflict options require more discussion and are an area
that many people will wish input into; we need a longer and wider
discussion about user-controls for that. I suggest we get the basic
patch ready to commit and then add back the gloss later, if any.

There is some hope for a per-relation conflict cache, just not yet.