More speed counting rows

From: Developer <dev002(at)pas-world(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: More speed counting rows
Date: 2009-07-27 09:06:41
Lists: pgsql-performance

I am trying to optimize the count of files when I am using filters
(select by some row/s parameter/s)

In this case I think that postgresql really count all files.
Resulting in unacceptable times of 4 seconds in http server response.
Triggers+store in this case do not see very acceptable, because I need
store 1.5 millions of counting possibilities.

My question is:
Any method for indirect count like ordered indexes + quadratic count?
Any module?
Any suggestion?

Publicidad y Servicios
Autoridad certificadora

pgsql-performance by date

Next:From: Eric ComeauDate: 2009-07-27 10:43:07