Re: ready for another patch

From: Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-rrreviewers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ready for another patch
Date: 2009-07-25 20:37:36
Lists: pgsql-rrreviewers
On Sat, 2009-07-25 at 16:25 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> OK, how about "prefix support for synonym dictionary".

Ok, I'll get on it.

> There aren't actually too many patches without assigned reviewers at
> this point, but there are a lot of patches where either the reviewing
> hasn't been completed yet or the author hasn't yet updated the patch.
> Not sure how we're going to handle those yet, but that's going to be
> the next challenge once we get these last few assigned.

Maybe it would be useful if the application could highlight anything
where it's "waiting for review" or "waiting for author" for more than a
few days. If good progress is being made, the timer could be reset. If
not, you can assign another reviewer or bounce the patch to the next
commitfest, respectively.

That's just an idea to help track the information a little better, it
doesn't solve the underlying problem.

Regards,
	Jeff Davis