Re: More problem with scripts

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: brent(at)rcfile(dot)org, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: More problem with scripts
Date: 2002-01-03 22:33:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers
> Brent Verner wrote:
> > [2002-01-03 14:19] Bruce Momjian said:
> > |
> > | Actually, we can just do:

> > | Meaning if they have anything after the dbname, it is an error.  This
> > | catches flags _after_ the dbname.  Seems most of the script have this
> > | problem.  If people want it fixed, I can easily do it;  just give me
> > | go-ahead.
> >
> > +1
> >
> >   I can't see a reason to /not/ fix something this simple for the 7.2
> > release.  In general, I think it's best to fix things like this[1]
> > "on sight" as opposed to queueing them in TODO where they /might/ sit
> > untouched through another release cycle.
> >
> > [1] meaning problems that require little effort to fix, and whose
> >     solutions are /very/ localized.
>
> OK, one more +1 and I will get to it.

-4

1: It's not a regression from 7.1.  Anything else is too late.

2: The issue does not cause problems if you stick to the documented syntax
and it
   does not cause hazard if you don't.

3: The patch is wrong, because showing the usage screen in case of an error
is
   inappropriate.

4: Even beginning to talk of "localized", "trivial", "little effort" should
cause
   an automatic ban on programming for 1 month.

http://www.gmx.net