Re: 8.5 development schedule

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Greg Stark <gsstark(at)mit(dot)edu>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 8.5 development schedule
Date: 2009-07-01 09:21:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2009-06-30 at 09:35 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:

> In any case, we probably need some weigh-in from Heikki and Simon on
> their plans for Hot Standby before we make any decisions...

We discussed this at the developer meeting in May.

I gave a clear commitment to getting Hot Standby into Postgres, and a
wish to see it in 8.5.

I'm going to attempt to get Sync Rep into core first, then Hot Standby.
There are not too many people that have good insight in these areas and
I think we need them all working together to successfully commit
anything to Postgres core that we all agree with. I believe its possible
that individuals may produce working solutions on their own, though I
also believe that constructive teamwork can produce better solutions.