Re: BUG #4879: bgwriter fails to fsync the file in recovery mode

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #4879: bgwriter fails to fsync the file in recovery mode
Date: 2009-06-25 23:09:40
Lists: pgsql-bugs

> > On Fri, 2009-06-26 at 00:37 +0300, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> >> Ok, I've committed the above fixes everyone agreed on.
>
> > At this stage of RC, I expected you to post the patch and have the other
> > 2 people working actively on this issue review it before you commit.
>
> We're going to slip release a day to allow time to review this properly.
> Given that, I have no problem with the proposed fix being in CVS --- it
> makes it a shade easier for other people to test it.

I wasn't suggesting that we post the patch and leave it for days, I was
thinking more of the 3 people actively working together on the problem
looking at the code before its committed. Describing it as stuff we
agreed seems particularly strange in that light.

On the patch, the kluge to set InRecovery is unnecessary and confusing.
If I submitted that you'd kick my ass all around town.

--
Simon Riggs www.2ndQuadrant.com