Re: BUG #2111: Error parsing 'infinity' under some versions of glibc

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Neil Parker" <nparker(at)microniche(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #2111: Error parsing 'infinity' under some versions of glibc
Date: 2005-12-14 04:07:25
Lists: pgsql-bugs
"Neil Parker" <nparker(at)microniche(dot)com> writes:
> This problem appears to be glibc's fault, not PostgreSQL's.

Indeed, so why are you complaining to us?

> Below is a patch that fixes the problem on the affected system.

I'm fairly unenthused about a kluge that hurts performance on
standard-conforming systems (by forcing them to traverse the slow code
path) in order to cater to a long-obsolete glibc whose behavior conforms
to neither the C standard nor its own documentation.  If this bug is a
problem for you, update glibc.