Re: [HACKERS] Backend crash in opr_sanity regression test.

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Keith Parks <emkxp01(at)mtcc(dot)demon(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Backend crash in opr_sanity regression test.
Date: 1998-12-15 01:18:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Keith Parks <emkxp01(at)mtcc(dot)demon(dot)co(dot)uk> writes:
> With the following query from the opr_sanity regression test I'm
> getting a backend crash.
> [ details snipped ]
> This is on the latest CVS, although I believe it happened on earlier
> snapshots.
> Platform is SPARC/Linux Redhat 4.2 SPARCstation IPX.

FWIW, I saw a backend crash in opr_sanity in an otherwise reasonably
successful attempt to build/test Postgres on SPARC/SunOS 4.1.4. This
was with REL6_4 CVS sources around the start of December. I didn't have
time to investigate it closely, but it does seem there's a platform-
dependent problem lurking in there somewhere. (Wonder if it could be
specific to the SPARC hardware?)

Can any of the backend experts make any guesses from Keith's backtrace?