Re: pg_extension_config_dump() with a sequence

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Moshe Jacobson <moshe(at)neadwerx(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_extension_config_dump() with a sequence
Date: 2013-08-20 20:03:08
Lists: pgsql-general

Moshe Jacobson <moshe(at)neadwerx(dot)com> writes:
> In searching for a solution I found an old message where Tom suggested
> marking the sequence as a config table in the same way. This seems to work
> OK when I use pg_dump, but for some reason, pg_dumpall generates the
> following error:

It's pretty hard to believe that that would work in pg_dump but not
pg_dumpall. You sure the error references a database that you fixed the
sequence definition in? (You'd probably have to drop and recreate the
extension to fix it in an existing database.) If so, what PG version are
we talking about exactly, and what's the whole pg_dumpall command line?