Re: [Q] SQLMoreResults causes error in SQLFetchScroll

From: "V S P" <toreason(at)fastmail(dot)fm>
To: "Christophe Garault" <christophe(at)garault(dot)org>, pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [Q] SQLMoreResults causes error in SQLFetchScroll
Date: 2009-05-17 14:02:37
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Hi thank you for looking at this,

SQLRowCount actually returns correct results,
and SQLMoreResults(hstmt)
returns SQL_NO_DATA which is also perfectly correct

So if I only comment out SQLMoreResults  then
SQLFetchScroll works fine.

Therefore I am pretty certain that it is SQLMoreResults and
not SQLRowCount that cause a problem for pgODBC.

also there is no other way to get the number of rows
returned by select (of if it would be, it would certainly not
be ODBC compliant).

I emailed to Hiroshi in general about the row count, and
calling SQLMoreResults is the only way, otherwise I get
1 for bulk operations.

But going back to your question, SQLFetchScroll will error out
if you do not use select (because it is typically Select that returns
result rows).

On Sun, 17 May 2009 11:14 +0200, "Christophe Garault"
<christophe(at)garault(dot)org> wrote:
> Hello Vlad,
> I'm not sure that a call to SQLRowCount is allowed after a simple SELECT.
> What if you change your SELECT by an UPDATE or a DELETE ?
> --
> Christophe Garault
  V S P

-- - A fast, anti-spam email service.