Re: Compiling under MSYS and Windows 7

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Bidski" <bidski(at)bigpond(dot)net(dot)au>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Compiling under MSYS and Windows 7
Date: 2010-06-30 16:55:59
Lists: pgsql-novice

"Bidski" <bidski(at)bigpond(dot)net(dot)au> writes:
> Can anyone tell me what is going on here?

It seems like you have a pretty nonfunctional build environment :-(
I'm not sure that mingw can be expected to work in 64-bit windows.

The bit with the original libpq.dll not being recognizable might be
worth reporting as a bug. PG's support for 64-bit windows is itself
pretty wet behind the ears, so maybe there's a real problem there.
The other stuff looks like problems with your toolchain to me.