Initial version of PostgreSQL 8.4 Live CD released

From: Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>
To: PostgreSQL Advocacy List <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Initial version of PostgreSQL 8.4 Live CD released
Date: 2009-05-07 12:25:03
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
Hi,

I just released initial version of my PostgreSQL 8.4 live CD, which is
based on Fedora 10. It includes the PostgreSQL related packages
that I build on http://yum.pgsqlrpms.org , along with PostgreSQL 8.4.
beta1.

Details are here:

http://yum.pgsqlrpms.org/livecd.php

You can add an encrypted home directory while burning iso to USB stick,
which helps you to keep your personal data in your USB stick.

This live CD has nearly bleeding edge of many software, like pgAdmin
III, Apache, PHP, GNOME, Pidgin, Firefox etc.

Kickstart file is configurable, so you can also create your own
PostgreSQL Live CD's fairly easily, if you have a Fedora-10 machine
around.

Please let me know if you have any questions regarding this live CD.

Sincerely,
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ, RHCE
                   http://www.gunduz.org

pgsql-advocacy by date

Next:From: Fernando FontanaDate: 2009-05-11 13:47:23