New version of PostgreSQL 8.3 Live CD released

From: Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>
To: PostgreSQL Advocacy List <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: New version of PostgreSQL 8.3 Live CD released
Date: 2009-05-06 10:34:18
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

I updated my PostgreSQL live CD, which is based on Fedora 10. The major
change is PostgreSQL 8.3.7 . It includes the PostgreSQL related packages
that I build on .  This new version includes
one new package  (pgstat2), and also many updates to the existing

Details are here:

According to web server logs, the previous versions were downloaded more
than 4000 times. Also I know that kickstart file was used in some
private projects. Thanks everyone for their interest in this live CD.

Now there is an option to add an encrypted home directory while burning
iso to USB stick, which helps you to keep your personal data in your USB

This live CD has nearly bleeding edge of many software, like Apache,
PHP, GNOME, Pidgin, Firefox etc.

Kickstart file is configurable, so you can also create your own
PostgreSQL Live CD's fairly easily, if you have a Fedora-10 machine

Please let me know if you have any questions regarding this live CD.

pgsql-advocacy by date