Re: Proposed patch to remove USERLIMIT

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Proposed patch to remove USERLIMIT
Date: 2004-11-11 22:39:16
Lists: pgsql-patches
> The bottom line is that I have no problem with making this change, but I
> want to be sure it is a full solution we aren't going to have to revisit
> later.  I don't want to make the change and then find out we rushed it
> and have to make more adjustments in later releases.

I would normally not care whether we did it now or postponed it to 8.1,
but I am concerned that we will find ourselves spending time fixing bugs
in the USERLIMIT code if we leave it in 8.0.  I already spent half a day
fixing some coredump cases in it not long ago, and I have little
confidence that there aren't more problems.

Anyone else have an opinion on this?  Bruce and I clearly aren't
convincing each other.