Re: syslog enabled causes random hangs?

From: award(at)dominionsciences(dot)com
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: award(at)dominionsciences(dot)com, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: syslog enabled causes random hangs?
Date: 2003-07-30 18:21:02
Lists: pgsql-admin

> It's really too bad that your gdb backtrace didn't show anything past
> the write_syslog level (which is an elog subroutine). If we could see
> whether the elog had been issued from a signal handler, and if so what
> it had interrupted, we'd have an idea whether this is a known syslog
> deficiency or not. Do you want to rebuild with debug symbols and try
> the backtrace again?

Since you think it might be necessary to add a workaround in Postgresql,
I'll try it again when I install 7.3.4 on my test machine. That will
probably be in a few days. I need to get back to real work again. :-)

I'm sure I rebuilt 7.3.3 with the symbols left in place. Off the top of
your head do you know an easy way to tell if a binary still has symbols?