Re: port report: [FAILURE] FreeBSD 6, Intel icc7

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Darcy Buskermolen <darcy(at)wavefire(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: port report: [FAILURE] FreeBSD 6, Intel icc7
Date: 2004-12-17 00:29:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Darcy Buskermolen <darcy(at)wavefire(dot)com> writes:
> On December 16, 2004 12:37 pm, Tom Lane wrote:
> I think you are in need of the local equivalent to GNU ld's -E or
> --export-dynamic switch, ie, make sure that all global symbols within
> the backend will be available to dynamically loaded libraries.

> xild just gets envoked as a wrapper to gnu ld by the looks of it.

Hmm.  I see in Makefile.freebsd:

ifdef ELF_SYSTEM
export_dynamic = -export-dynamic
rpath = -R$(rpathdir)
shlib_symbolic = -Wl,-Bsymbolic -lc
endif

Perhaps ELF_SYSTEM isn't getting defined?  Or maybe it's being picky
about seeing --export-dynamic instead of -export-dynamic ?  Or you need
to spell it like "-Wl,-E" to get it past icc and into the linker?
You did not show the build log, but take a look at how the postgres
executable is getting linked to see if -export-dynamic is getting in
there or not.