Re: possible bug not in open items

From: Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: possible bug not in open items
Date: 2009-03-27 16:49:22
Lists: pgsql-bugs
On Thu, 2009-03-26 at 21:45 -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > It may or may not be a real bug, but I didn't receive any response. If
> > you think it might be a bug, can you please add it to the open items?
> Hmm, odd I don't have it either;  can you repost it?

The docs say:

"SIGINT -- The server disallows new connections and sends all existing
server processes SIGTERM, which will cause them to abort their current
transactions and exit promptly."

If you have an open COPY and no data is moving, it simply won't
terminate it. You can terminate it with ctrl-C from psql, but not a
SIGINT to the postmaster or a SIGINT or SIGTERM to the backend.

	Jeff Davis

pgsql-bugs by date

Previous:From: Palaffre MichelDate: 2009-03-26 15:14:38
Subject: Re: BUG #4736: Mediawiki by Postgres