Re: possible bug not in open items

From: Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: possible bug not in open items
Date: 2009-03-27 16:49:22
Lists: pgsql-bugs
On Thu, 2009-03-26 at 21:45 -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2009-03/msg00062.php
> >
> > It may or may not be a real bug, but I didn't receive any response. If
> > you think it might be a bug, can you please add it to the open items?
>
> Hmm, odd I don't have it either;  can you repost it?

The docs say:

"SIGINT -- The server disallows new connections and sends all existing
server processes SIGTERM, which will cause them to abort their current
transactions and exit promptly."

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/server-shutdown.html

If you have an open COPY and no data is moving, it simply won't
terminate it. You can terminate it with ctrl-C from psql, but not a
SIGINT to the postmaster or a SIGINT or SIGTERM to the backend.

Regards,
	Jeff Davis

pgsql-bugs by date

Previous:From: Palaffre MichelDate: 2009-03-26 15:14:38
Subject: Re: BUG #4736: Mediawiki by Postgres