New shapshot RPMs (Mar 10, 2009) are ready for testing

From: Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>
To: pgsql-announce <pgsql-announce(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: New shapshot RPMs (Mar 10, 2009) are ready for testing
Date: 2009-03-14 09:01:15
Lists: pgsql-announce
Hi,

As we are moving very close to 8.4 beta, please join us for testing 8.4
release.

I just released new RPM sets, which is based on Mar 10 CVS snapshot.
Please note that these packages are **not** production ready. They are
for Fedora 9 and RHEL/CentOS 5. I have no intention to push 8.4
development packages for older Fedora/RHEL/CentOSreleases, and also
currently I do not provide (Open)SuSE packages.

These packages *do* require a dump/reload, even from previous 8.4
packages, because of a catversion update.

We have more than 500 testers using these sets. We need more people to
discover any bugs in 8.4 development version.

As usual, please find detailed info from:

http://yum.pgsqlrpms.org

A mini howto about 8.4devel release + RPMs is here:

http://yum.pgsqlrpms.org/news-8.4devel-ready-for-testing.php

The tarball I used is here:

http://yum.pgsqlrpms.org/srpms/8.4

(I will remove tarballs after a few weeks...)

Please report any packaging related errors to me. If you find any
PostgreSQL 8.4 bugs, please post them to pgsql-bugs(at)PostgreSQL(dot)org or
fill out this form:

http://www.postgresql.org/support/submitbug

Sincerely,
--