Re: Weird quirk with pg_dump of complex types

From: Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Weird quirk with pg_dump of complex types
Date: 2009-02-26 23:50:41
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Thu, 2009-02-26 at 15:25 -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:
> That is, a custom type in a complex type declaration is explicitly
> schema-qualified, even when the schema in question is in the default
> schema_path. This is inconsistent with all other database objects,
> which use "SET search_path" to qualify the correct schemas.

Strange. However, I don't think setting the search path will suffice,
because the different types could come from different schemas in a way
that makes it impossible.

Functions are similar, actually. The argument list needs to specify
schema paths as well, if it's not in some expected place (I think it
does so for all schemas other than pg_catalog).

Regards,
Jeff Davis