Re: Deadlock detection

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: Daniel Migowski <dmigowski(at)ikoffice(dot)de>
Cc: PostgreSQL - JDBC <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Deadlock detection
Date: 2009-01-22 00:16:50
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Wed, 2009-01-21 at 13:17 +0100, Daniel Migowski wrote:

> I don't know if there is a more elegant way to handle this, but for us
> it works. Maybe for you, too. As far as i know (which is not much
> about the driver internals) this is the only way to make the driver
> hang.

Thank you. This seems like simple, practical advice.

My "watcher" ideas seem like they would take too long and at best would
only identify a problem, not solve it. Thanks to those that helped out
there also.

If the only known way of making the driver hang is running out of
buffers then the best way to react is to increase the buffer allocation.

--
Simon Riggs www.2ndQuadrant.com