Re: Hot Standby dev build (v8)

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Hot Standby dev build (v8)
Date: 2009-01-19 14:37:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, 2009-01-19 at 12:54 +0000, Simon Riggs wrote:
> Some refactoring in this area is also required
> because we need to handle two other types of conflict to correctly
> support drop database and drop user, which is now underway.

I've hung the drop database conflict code in dbase_redo().

For drop role, there isn't an rmgr at all, but I can add code in a few
places.

* add XLOG_DBASE_DROP_USER - i.e. add drop user to the Database rmgr

* DropRole() takes an AccessExclusiveLock, so we do write a WAL record
for it. I could add a special case to the Relation rmgr.

* Add a new rmgr (unused slot 7) and have it handle DropRole.

I prefer the last one, but if you think otherwise, please shout.

--
Simon Riggs www.2ndQuadrant.com