Re: foreign_data test fails with non-C locale

From: Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: foreign_data test fails with non-C locale
Date: 2009-01-12 10:40:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

On Mon, 2009-01-12 at 12:06 +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Using a glibc system, initdb with --locale=tr_TR (or tr_TR.utf8 or
> whatever) and run make installcheck. You should see test failures in
> the tsearch and tsdicts tests that appear to relate to issues with
> lowercasing the "I" letter correctly.

Yep, I ran them already, and as you wrote, I'm getting 3 errors (tsearch
tests + foreign_data test).

> And then use your language skills to determine what the correct
> behavior is. ;-)

SKIES would be skıes (dotless i).

Here is the conversion table:

I (capital) <-> ı
İ (capital <-> i

We also have a few more chars, but I did not test them yet:

ş <-> Ş (capital) (S with a tail)
ü <-> Ü (capital) (U with dots)
ç <-> Ç (capital) (C with a tail)
ğ <-> Ğ (capital) (G with a hat)