Re: PGCon 2008 RFP

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>, Robert Bernier <robert(dot)bernier5(at)sympatico(dot)ca>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, Dan Langille <dan(at)langille(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PGCon 2008 RFP
Date: 2008-12-29 20:32:19
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
On Mon, 2008-12-29 at 15:25 -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> David Fetter wrote:
> > Apart from, "some entity somewhere else has done unspecified work for
> > their purposes, which may or may not have anything to do with this,"
> > you haven't even started making your case for the first part.
>
> And how exactly would a template work?  I use LyX/LaTeX to create all my
> presentations as PDFs.  How do I include a template in that case?  Are
> you assuming everyone uses Powerpoint or Open Office?
>
> I have to say I have never used a conference or company-supplied
> template in any of my presentations, and I don't think anyone has asked
> either.

Well I think you did for West :P but, that isn't the point. I think the
real deal here is... everyone presents in their own way. At Pg
Conference we have had lyx/latex, plain text, html, pdf, powerpoint
etc... I don't think it is realistic to make people change that.

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL
   503-667-4564 - http://www.commandprompt.com/