Solution: : Bug Report: PGAdminIII Query Tool Edit Window Key Commands stopped working between 1.0 and 1.10.0 beta.

From: "Larry Silvermintz" <larrys(at)ucla(dot)edu>
To: <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Solution: : Bug Report: PGAdminIII Query Tool Edit Window Key Commands stopped working between 1.0 and 1.10.0 beta.
Date: 2009-04-26 00:46:45
Lists: pgadmin-supportpgsql-bugs
Regarding my earlier message, Please report these problems as CORRECTED
bugs.  I directly downloaded the March 1 release of 1.10.0 beta, and both
the tab, shft-tab, and ctl-space work correctly.

** So, you need to update the file in the 8.4 beta distribution to match the
March 1 file, and then the problem is fixed! **

Respectfully, --Larry Silvermintz

---

Earlier msg:

---

  Hello, I just (April 20 download) switched from PG 8.3 (with the
PgAdminIII that it shipped with, to 8.4 beta, with it's included PGAdminIII
1.10.0 beta.

I am running the Win32 (Precompiled) version on Win XP Pro SP3.  Language:
English.

In the Query Tool Edit window, the tab key Commands stopped working between
1.0 and 1.10.0 beta.  Specifically, the tab key no longer performs any
action.  It used to initiate a block indent.  Similarly Shft-tab (performs
no action) no longer performs block-unindent.  If I paste in a tab character
from part of an old file, the block indents are activated correctly.

In the Preferences dialog, I set the tab value to 4, 5, and 12.  Itried with
and without conversion of tabs to spaces.

            I also find that the ctrl+space command performs no action,
whereas the documentation says it should activate a code-completion menu.

Please suggest a fix or resolve if a true bug.  Respectfully,

Larry Silvermintz, Ph.D.

(510) 705-1432

pgsql-bugs by date

Next:From: AlexDate: 2009-04-26 10:24:48