Releasing new version of PostgreSQL Live CD

From: Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>
To: pgsql-announce <pgsql-announce(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Releasing new version of PostgreSQL Live CD
Date: 2008-12-15 08:54:46
Lists: pgsql-announce
Hi,

I updated my PostgreSQL live CD, and it is now based on Fedora 10 and
PostgreSQL 8.3.5, with all the PostgreSQL packages that I build on
http://yum.pgsqlrpms.org .  This new version includes many new packages,
and also many updates to the existing packages.

Details are here:

http://yum.pgsqlrpms.org/livecd.php

According to Apache logs, the previous 2 versions were downloaded more
than 3200 times. Also I know that kickstart file was used in some
private projects. Thanks everyone for their interest in this live CD.

Now there is an option to add an encrypted home directory while burning
iso to USB stick, which helps you to keep your personal data in your USB
stick.

This live CD has nearly bleeding edge of many software, like Apache,
PHP, GNOME, Pidgin, etc.

Kickstart file is configurable, so you can also create your own
PostgreSQL Live CD's fairly easily, if you have a Fedora-10

Please let me know if you have any questions regarding this live CD.

Sincerely,
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ, RHCE
                   http://www.gunduz.org

pgsql-announce by date

Next:From: thesisDate: 2008-12-15 13:48:48