Re: Add socket dir to pg_config..?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Add socket dir to pg_config..?
Date: 2011-10-28 03:15:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Was just wondering if we might want to include the default socket
> directory that was compiled in as part of the pg_config output..?

[ shrug... ] We don't report the compiled-in port number, which is
considerably more critical. And we don't report changes in any of the
other stuff in pg_config_manual.h.

MHO is that changing the socket directory is only marginally supported,
and we shouldn't encourage it unless we're prepared to fully support it
(which we can't really).