Re: When to hold Pg East

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Melanie <melanie(at)dunslane(dot)net>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: When to hold Pg East
Date: 2008-12-11 17:58:39
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Thu, 2008-12-11 at 12:53 -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> > On Thu, 2008-12-11 at 11:41 -0500, Melanie wrote:

> > The idea that a United States Conference should care about a Canadian
> > one is silly.
>
> Sure, as long as you don't mind having few Postgres speakers, because
> most of them are going to PGCon in Canada.

Well I am certainly not going to plan on having East during PgCon, we
actually took great pains last year to make sure that didn't happen. My
preferred time frame is late March early April. Your point is well taken
though. I am fully aware that the closer we get to PgCon the harder both
conference will have attracting speakers. There will be some speakers
who prefer to go to East for various reasons versus Ottawa and vice
versa.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

--